The Project Designer provides design and consultative services to clients and internal sales staff. The designer is a valued professional member of the team, bringing knowledge, aesthetics and creative ideas that improve company results through workstyles, trends, products, and space.
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Specific responsibilities include:
- Attends client meetings/planning sessions to review project scope and assess programming needs.
- Review documents and analyze building plans/site conditions to assure accurate space requirements.
- Conducts field measurements, existing furniture inventories and code analysis.
- Conceptualize design solutions and prepare drawings based on information received from client and sales team.
- Develop / present space plans and furniture typicals that address the programming/needs analysis.
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of project drawings and furniture specifications
- Use CET and Project Matrix to create working drawings, renderings, and accurate specifications.
- Present schematic layouts, preliminary and final design layouts, presentation media and proposed specification lists, to be provided to client.
- Select, develop, and present color and finish options including finish presentations and renderings.
- Lead Live Design presentation for clients.
- Required to self-check all project documents (drawings, specs, renderings) prior to submitting for double check.
- Responsible for transmitting complete and accurate project documentation to the team for order entry and installation.
- Provide working drawings to third party contractors as needed (A&D firm, GC, electrician, IT, etc.)
- Request quotes and drawings from ancillary vendors.
- Able to estimate time to complete project scope of work for budgetary purposes and complete weekly timesheet for accurate billing.
- Provide timely and accurate information for clients/vendors.
- Attends weekly team meetings and all required company/department functions and trainings.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of application of codes, electrical and data planning on projects.
- Full knowledge of technology tools required to perform duties (CET, NetSuite) and attend regular trainings.
Qualifications + Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum 2-5 years commercial design experience
- Intermediate to Advanced AutoCAD/CET proficiency & Project Matrix
- Demonstrated space planning and project management ability.
- Experience with Haworth products preferred.
- Polished communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
PeopleSpace is a market leader, providing workspace strategy, contract office furniture, custom solutions, and architectural wall products. We are hiring in all offices (Irvine, Los Angeles, Bay Area, Portland and Seattle) for qualified individuals in the following roles: Account Managers, Sales Coordinators, Project Designers, Project Coordinators, Business Development Manager GSA (Los Angeles), Director of Healthcare (Bay Area), Customer Experience Concierge (Irvine). Remote positions available for Project Designers and Project Coordinators.
We have over 21 years of success in creating environments to improve the well-being, culture, engagement, and retention of both our client’s employees and our team members. As one of Haworth’s top global dealerships, we boast the largest dealership footprint on the West Coast with five Customer Experience Centers. PeopleSpace is a dynamic and rising organization that provides great upward mobility for individuals who are looking to learn, grow and find a long-term home. We offer great benefits and foster an inspired company culture based on our core values.
Visit us at peoplespace.com to learn more regarding the positions.
PeopleSpace is an equal opportunity employer. If any accommodations are needed for applicants during the selection process, please notify the Director of Human Resources during the recruitment process. We appreciate your application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.