The Project Manager acts as a single point of contact, with integrative responsibility for all aspects of assigned contract furniture projects, from inception of project to field installation management to final close-out and invoicing. Plans, coordinates and oversees all tasks, critical dates, client and third party interface and relations, performance quality and customer satisfaction, budget and project administration for each assigned project. Is responsible for entire business transaction for each project.
Job Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervises site installation, including performance of work, installation administration and timeliness of task completion
- Ensures field paperwork is complete, and delivered in a timely manner
Punch, Invoicing & Project Close-Out
- Walks project; responsible for punch list resolution
- Confirms project completion and ensures all invoicing is timely and accurate
- Manages all final project close-out requirements, including lien releases, contract requirements, client sign-offs, etc.
- Single point of contact for customer for all project communications
- Professional customer interface and client relations throughout project
- Customer sign-offs, approvals and formal paperwork
Project Planning, Coordination and Management
- Establishes overall project scope and manages dealer/manufacturer team to ensure coordinated effort
- Directs, coordinates and manages task assignments and completion for entire dealer team
- Develops work plan, schedule and logistics based on overall project parameters, project schedule and scope, and customer’s goals
- Reviews project site, plans and product specifications
- Assists in establishing fees, developing quote/presentation and making presentations to customer
- Technical consultation to customer and customer’s team
- Single point of contact for, and coordinates with, client and all third party firms (A&D firm, contractor, cabling vendor, building manager, electrician and other trades, client’s facility and IT groups, movers, etc.)
- Maintains detailed project documentation, including documentation of key project decisions and customer/project requests/revisions
- Timely, formal written communications throughout project to client, dealer and project team
- Manages accurate and detailed record keeping, including receiving documentation, time sheets and contract adherence, sign-offs and approvals, key decision records, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of the quote, the development of the proposal and the presentations to the client
- Reviews technical services’ plans and specifications for accuracy, completeness and correct product application
- Coordinates with customer service for order entry notes and product delivery scheduling
- Reviews ship dates for adherence to original requirements
- Interfaces with factory, as necessary, regarding shipping schedules and special instructions for manufacturing/shipping
Contract Furniture/Technical Skills
- Strong product and technical knowledge, including applicable building codes, correct product application, custom applications and pricing, price estimating and solicitation, electricity and cabling, etc.
- Ability to produce takeoffs, specifications and order ready documentation if required
- Ability to analyze, plan, schedule and implement project installation.
- Experience required in all aspects of contract furniture management, including account management, project management, order preparation, order management, installation, relocation and contract furniture administration
- Working knowledge of interior construction, interior design, moves and relocations, trucking, furniture manufacturing and shipping, building management and current workplace issues
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary, plus team performance-based bonus
- Competitive benefits package, including health, dental, life insurance, paid vacation and 401k with matching
- Opportunity for professional development and career advancement
PeopleSpace is an equal opportunity employer. If any accommodations are needed for applicants during the selection process, please notify the Director of Human Resources during the recruitment process. We appreciate your application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.